American Fitness Professionals and Associates approved CEC(s) for individuals attending this event. 8 CEC’s Certified on completion as “Teacher in Training”. Small group fitness trainers learn tai chi as fall (injury) prevention training program, personal training for balance, fitness/fall prevention>
Why this Tai Chi Program?
- Community-based clinical trial with older adults
- Reduction in the risk of falling by 55%
- Community-based evaluation and dissemination: tested and reliable
- CDC Recommended fall prevention program
- It is a SIMPLE tai chi movement set: (8 tai chi “exercises”)
- Complete Program Protocol
- Reliable Functional Outcomes:
Better movement excursion and control, and consistent, steady walking patterns:
- improved postural stability
- improved control of body positioning
- improved gait initiation
- improved movement symmetry and coordination
- improved lower extremity strength
The low cost, ease of application, and great potential for socialization make an evidence-based community (small group) Tai Chi program a powerful intervention for improving physical ability, health, and quality of life. One on one general fitness and balance training: CDC recommended program. New, or add-in business opportunity.