Tai Chi Moving for Better Balance
Why THIS Therapeutic Tai Chi Program?
- Community -based clinical trial for persons with Parkinson’s Disease√
- Community-based fall risk reduction clinical trial with older adults√
- Reduction in the risk of falling by 55%√
- Community-based program evaluation and dissemination: tested and reliable√
- CDC Recommended fall prevention program√
- It is a SIMPLE tai chi movement set: (8 tai chi “exercises”)
Tai Chi Moving for Better Balance is a Complete Program Protocol that delivers Reliable Functional Outcomes:
Better movement excursion and control, and consistent, steady walking patterns:
- improved postural stability
- improved control of body positioning
- improved gait initiation
- improved movement symmetry and coordination
- improved lower extremity strength
This evidence based Tai Chi Moving for Better Balance Program (Movement and Protocol) is the result of YEAR’S of research
- Funded by: The National Institutes for Health & The National Institute for Aging
- Approved by:U.S. Administration on Aging
- Recommended by:Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
- Tai Chi is Specifically Indicated for Fall Prevention by:The American Geriatrics society and the British Geriatrics Society Clinical Practice Guideline for Prevention of Falls in Older Persons (2010)
- This evidence based, Therapeutic Tai Chi Moving for Better Balance program approach targets functional training for bilateral/unilateral stance and transition, stepping forward, stepping sideways, stepping backward, and trunk driven movement.
- This Tai Chi Moving for Better Balance program protocol “represents a significant enhancement of traditional Tai Chi, transforming the purposeful movements into therapeutic training of balance.”.